YO-IFOS is an international society for young Otorhinolaryngologists. By their collaboration access for these young physicians in areas of research, education and networking will be facilitated and creates opportunities for their development. As part of it, involvement in the organization of an international conference is of prime importance to reach these goals.
Medical congresses are expected to play a very critically important role in the process of YO medical education. There are many functions which these congresses meet apart from just education: sharpening the skills, ability to interact with peers, trying new equipment and techniques and discussing internationally relevant ideas. YO are the future! They have their own opinion about practicing Otorhinolaryngology, they do rely on other sources of clinical information, have own scientific goals and needs in communication with other experts in the field. Exchanging ideas internationally about education, research, clinical practice, implementation of new ideas and how to overcome barriers is of upmost importance.
Visiting an international congress, having the opportunity to actively participate to its scientifically / clinical sessions and joining networking events can help the young physician to reach these goals, in which the YO- IFOS platform can be a perfect start. The congress organization committee is responsible for the organization of different meetings of the YO of different countries through the globe.
The congress organization committee is formed of Young Otorhinolaryngologists with good communication skills, ideas and/or a lot of enthusiasm representing each international region of the globe and covering different Otorhinolaryngological subspecialties.
The goals and projects of the committee of congress organization can be summarized in the following points:
- Focusing on reaching a specific category of health-care providers (young physicians or YO) rather than targeting (senior) physicians.
- Promoting and increasing the participation of YO in different international congresses and events.
- Defining the theme’s and subjects of congress sessions aiming at young physicians.
- Representing the needs of young physicians. It is noticed that most young physicians are attracted to subjects or researches dealing with relatively new techniques as robotic surgeries, minimally invasive surgeries and different endoscopic approaches.
- Making sure that the international conferences should offer CME credits, which is very essential for the YO for their progression in their medical career.
- Advocating special discounts for the registration of the YO in different international meetings especially those who are young residents.
- Facilitating and supporting the goals of other YO-IFOS committees in education, networking and research during congress meetings. Therefore, close collaboration between YO-IFOS committees is needed.
|Eleonora Trecca||Italy||Europe||Otology, cochlear implants and pediatric ORLfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Khalid Al Zaabi||Oman||Middle East||Otology/ Neurotology & lateral skull base email@example.com|
|Antoine Eskander||Canada||North America and The Caribbean||Head and Neckfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Marayana B. Cherkes||Austria / Ukraine||Europe||Otology and pediatric ORLemail@example.com|
|Warren Mullings||Jamaica||North America and The Caribbean||Rhinology and skull base firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Tamer Ebaied||Egypt||UAE||Otology and lateral skull base surgery||Tamerebaied@gmail.com|
|Rana Barake||Lebanon||Middle East||Otology and email@example.com|
|Michael Bergin||New Zealand||Oceania||Otology and pediatric ORL|